A lot of adults wait years before they seek help for their hearing loss. They think they are getting by just fine, and not realizing the negative effects their hearing loss is having on their overall health and well-being. Treatment can do so much more than just help you just “get by” in many areas of your life. It can improve your quality of life, personal relationships, mental health, physical health and safety, and even your cognitive health. Recent research suggests that treating hearing loss can even delay the onset of dementia.
So why wait? Improve your quality of life with better hearing! Take a look at the checklist below and ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have dizziness, pain, or ringing in your ears?
- Do people around you often seem to mumble?
- Do you often need to ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do others complain about you turning up the TV volume too high?
- Do you have trouble following a conversation when more than one person is talking?
- Do you have trouble hearing on the phone?
- Do you have to listen carefully or put in extra effort to understand the conversation?
- Do you have trouble hearing in noisy environments, such as restaurants
I you answered yes to one or more of these questions, call or email Beach Hearing today and schedule a free hearing evaluation.